Monday, December 31, 2012

2012...A Year In Review

So, yes, I'm still here. I've neglected my blog for various reasons. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to get back at it on more of a regular basis. 
As I reflect back on this past year, 2012, I should be excited with the accomplishments that I've made.
  • I've graduated from college earning a Bachelor of Science degree at age 39
  • I've gotten back into scrapbooking, a hobby I couldn't live without
  • I've started my own paper craft business, and while it's a slow start, has had some success
  • My brother-in-law got married and I met some family I've never met before
So why do I look at 2012 as being such a bad year? Maybe it wasn't so bad, after all? It wasn't, necessarily bad, but it was rough. The beginning started out with having continued health problems. I was doing a full-time internship while working part-time. Right after graduation I had surgery and spent all of Spring and early summer recovering. Still not having a full time job after graduation certainly made for a rough ride, financially. I suffered some hard losses of very special family members this year. One due to cancer and another due to a long term illness. I guess the losses of 2012 have over-powered the successes and triumphs. 
But on a positive note, it has also turned me into who I am today. I'm embracing this new year of 2013 with open arms. A new year for new dreams, new hopes, and most importantly, new goals! It will be a good year, one way or another. I'm going to document it all, the good, the bad, the everyday life! That's the scrapbooker in me talkin'!
That's where Project Life comes in. I've heard it talked about in the scrapbooking communities. I've wondered if it's possible to keep up with it all year long. What is Project Life? If you're not familiar, it's taking pictures everyday of everyday things such as work, maybe what you had for dinner, etc and documenting them. I like to call it a photo journal of sorts. Like keeping a diary with pictures included. I'm going to do it digitally and will share my pages and photos with you here. I figure digital is easier to keep up with, less expensive, and it's a lot easier to sit here in front of the computer than try to get all the supplies together, etc.
So here's to a new year, new goals, and Project Life. No fancy quote for today, just some personal advice...never give up! You won't fail if you keep trying!

1 comment:

  1. Here's to 2013! I hope it brings less sadness and more happiness!

    ReplyDelete