Wednesday, September 5, 2012

New Beginnings


Today is a bitter sweet day as I send my girls off to school. My little
baby is now an 8th grader and my other little girl is a 4th grader. Both
girls are the "big shots" in their schools. Sarah's in her last year of
elementary school and Lizzy in her last year of middle school. How sweet
it is and I'm so proud of them. They've grown up to be little ladies.
Yes, they drive me crazy, it's what they're supposed to do. Yes, they
have their attitudes and their moments when you just put your head in
your hands and say, "ugh!" But, I wouldn't trade those moments for
anything.


The house is quiet this morning and there are mixed emotions running
through me. It's not just another "1st day of school." These are
milestones. More of those successes as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Today isn't just a new beginning for my girls as they embark on their
journey, it's a new beginning for me, as well. I've contemplated what I
will do with my time while the girls are in school. I only work part-time
and though I'm on the search for a full-time job, I still have spare time
to do whatever it is I want to do.

I have decided to embark on a journey, too. A journey that I have no idea
what direction it will lead me in. But, I'm willing to put myself out
there and give it a whirl! I'm going to do what I do best...create and
make people happy!

That's right, I'm excited to announce the real deal behind 'Crafty
Country Bumpkin.' It's not just a blog name or a message board name, it
is a store name! Crafty Country Bumpkin' is going to feature paper crafts
of all kinds from notecards, altered objects, gifts, and even some
cross-stitching.

Where can you find Crafty Country Bumpkin'? On Etsy, of course. If you're
not familiar what Etsy is, then you're missing out! A community full of
hand-made creativity!

For starters, there are only a few items listed. Of course, my products
will expand as time goes on.

Will I make a fortune? I certainly doubt it. Will I even make a profit at
all? I have no idea. I'm not looking to make millions. I'm not even
looking to use this as a substitute for a "real" job. I have an abundance
of supplies and a little bit of extra time, so I'm going to put it to
some use!

Bookmark my link, tell your friends. I will post here as I expand my shop. I look forward to doing business with you.

Crafty Country Bumpkin' on Etsy

 “My path has not been determined. I shall have more experiences and pass many more milestones.” ~ Agnetha Faltskog

No comments:

Post a Comment